In what circumstances (if at all) should we allow questions about products that either run on the SharePoint platform or integrate with SharePoint in some way, but aren't a SharePoint SKU?
List of SharePoint SKUs (not including Project Server as that just gets too confusing):
- SharePoint Server 2003/2007/2010 Standard/Enterprise
- Windows SharePoint Services 2.0/3.0 or SharePoint Foundation
- Search Server? (Under discussion)
There are a few cases to think about. Here's some examples:
- Lotus Notes to SharePoint migration : Best practices - moving from another platform to SharePoint
- How do I send an email to the initiator of a nintex workflow? - support for third-party product integrating with SharePoint
- TFS 2010's SharePoint Project portal shows “Login failed for user \sharepoint.admin” error message. How do I fix this? - support for Microsoft product running on SharePoint
The community consensus seems pretty clear. Questions will be allowed according to the policy outlined here.