I am a systems engineer and independent software consultant specializing in the .NET platform and big data (analysis, visualizations, and nosql). I take a pragmatic, systems approach to problem solving, which works well for many software and code problems.
Background and Philosophy
My professional background is highlighted by work on some of the most complex systems ever created - the International Space Station, nuclear submarines, and military flight training systems. My primary wheelhouse is the aerospace and defense industry, where I have partaken in all aspects of the system development lifecycle - from concept to end of life.
My approach to software engineering is derived from my systems engineering background. I view programs as no different than the complex systems that I help build every day, and I bring this viewpoint into the questions that I answer on Stack Overflow. A special interest of mine is understanding how people make sense of complex systems, and I attempt to bridge the gap between expert and novice in the answers I write.
Member for 4 years, 5 months
0 profile views
Last seen Aug 7 '17 at 20:02
- Stack Overflow 9k 9k 44 gold badges3737 silver badges5555 bronze badges
- Psychology & Neuroscience 797 797 44 silver badges1212 bronze badges
- Software Engineering 578 578 22 silver badges1212 bronze badges
- Movies & TV 572 572 22 silver badges1212 bronze badges
- SharePoint 159 159 22 silver badges1111 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 112 RabbitMQ - Message order of delivery
- 51 RabbitMQ difference between exclusive and auto-delete?
- 36 RabbitMQ and relationship between channel and connection
- 19 Messages with expiration are not removed from RabbitMQ
- 15 Add Variable Hyperlink in Mail Merge in Word 2013
- 15 Can't debug Windows Service -"attach to process"
- 15 Event sourcing, replaying and versioning
- View more network posts →
Keeping a low profile.
This user hasn't posted yet.
Aug 7 '17